IFM Private Equity Funds
IFM is one of Australia’s leading private equity investors. We have been active investors in Australian and international private equity markets since 1998 with a strong track record in this asset class. Our approach is based on a core belief that private equity is a long term investment that demands active engagement to deliver strong relative and absolute returns. IFM’s strength is our specialist in-house team that actively invests, manages, monitors and administers private equity investments.
IFM has invested in private equity funds, co-investments and direct investments on behalf of clients.
What sets IFM apart from other Private Equity managers?
- Growth and Transformation investment thesis, targeting investments that can build substantial value from exploiting Growth opportunities by the application of capital and resources or investments that require intensive change and Transformation to realise their potential for substantial value creation and future business growth.
- Access to diverse and deep deal flow resulting from our position as long term investors across Australian and International Private Equity markets.
- A dedicated, experienced team and focused team that is resourceful, networked and committed.
- A robust process based on intensive, bottom-up diligence maintaining active engagement for the life of our investments.
- Focused on net returns to the investor, appreciating the need for transparency.
IFM believes that private equity is a long-term investment that demands active engagement to deliver strong net returns to investors. We aim to invest with managers that have like characteristics that can demonstrate:
- Disciplined investment selection
- The ability to create significant value and exit delivering meaningful investor returns
- The ability to build portfolios that are constructed thoughtfully and are mindful of risk
- Management teams that are aligned to outcomes through fund economics, direct fund investment and an ethical firm culture.
Co-investment and direct investment
This is a niche segment that has delivered superior returns and provides significant investment opportunities. The capital drought facing smaller Australian businesses makes this segment very attractive for private equity investment.
- We aim to invest in companies that require capital to realise their potential to be a better and larger business and have compelling growth and/or transformation strategies/initiatives
- Can attract a grouping of aligned and value adding investors
- Offer attractive valuations