While AUSfund is a complying, regulated super fund, it's also an Eligible Rollover Fund (ERF) and differs from other super funds. Read more about AUSfund. The information below applies to regular super funds, but not necessarily to ERFs like AUSfund.
Super at a glance:
- If you are employed and earn at least $450 per month (before tax) and you are aged over 18, your employer is required to make regular superannuation contributions on your behalf equal to 9.25% of your ordinary time earnings. This is called the Super Guarantee (SG).
- Superannuation is a long-term savings product designed to help you fund your retirement.
- Your super fund invests your money in your preferred investment option.
- The more you contribute to super, the more money you'll have in retirement.
- There are tax advantages to contributing to super.
- You cannot access your super until you reach what the Government calls Preservation Age.
Industry Fund Services* provides comprehensive information about superannuation if you wish to learn more.
What to do next
*Industry Funds Investments Limited (IFI) (ABN 17 006 883 227, AFSL 229 881) is the Trustee of AUSfund (ABN 85 945 681 973) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Industry Fund Services Limited (IFS) (ABN 54 007 016 195, AFSL 232514). Industry Fund Financial Planning is a division of IFS.